mobilePickPhoto "camera" - unstable on android

Paul Kocsis pktemp50 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 23:41:47 EDT 2013

At present time, testing with community 6.1.1rc2.

I'm finding that on android, mobilePickPhoto "camera" is NOT stable.  On a
4.1.3 galaxy s2, about 1 out of 30-ish (sometimes more) calls to
mobilePickPhoto "camera" will not return (I.E. mobilePickPhoto "camera' is
called, camera comes up, photo is taken, 'save' is tapped, then app crashes
and immediately restarts).  I know that when a crash occurs, it is
inside mobilePickPhoto "camera" as the next statement after mobilePickPhoto
does not get called.  It is MUCH worse on a Motorola Atrix 2.3.5.  I can
fairly easily get this crash to occur (maybe 1 out of 5 or 10 attempts).

(grasping at straws, but...) It almost seems like the older the
phone/android, the more often it happens...but although not the latest, a
galaxy s2 running 4.1.3 experiences the problem too (just not as often)...I
have tried to put a "wait for 100 milli with messages before and after the
mobilePickPhoto "camera" command but it has not affected the crashes (can't
*really* put a wait for 100... immediately after since if I do I lose "the
result" from mobilePickPhoto, so I do a 'put the result into tresult' and
then do my wait....but no matter.....doesn't make things better or worse).

Is there anyone out there that has had more than a cursory use of
mobilePickPhoto "camera" on android than can either deny or confirm what I
am seeing?

Thanks!

Paul K.