Sprite Kit, Box2D, Performance and LiveCode's Approach to Game Coding

John Craig john at splash21.com
Wed Aug 21 07:26:02 EDT 2013

I'm also interested in creating games with LiveCode and looking forward
to box2d integration.  I've been checking out Corona and (more recently)
- Unity (3D), to familiarize myself with physics stuff.  It makes a
massive difference having a physics engine taking care of collisions,
gravity, etc.  I assume that box2d performance with LiveCode will be on
a par with other platforms using the same engine, so it will really open
up a lot of possibilities :D

The following Unity demo only required a couple of hundred lines of
code, since all the physics was taken care of, so I'm really looking
forward to seeing what LiveCode is capable of in the coming months.
http://youtu.be/XuA5xbsdx_M

Since Unity has a web player, you can have a play around with the demo here;
http://splash21.com/Buggy/