html tags recognized by htmlText

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Aug 20 16:46:55 EDT 2013

On Aug 20, 2013, at 2:25 PM, Devin Asay wrote:

> On Aug 20, 2013, at 2:17 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
>
>> I recently discovered that, contrary to the dictionary entry, htmlText
>> supports any of the standard html entities like ¶, %crarr;, etc
>>
>> With that in mind, does anyone know if the list of supported html tags in
>> the dictionary is complete?  It lists the following:

>> <sub>
>> <sup>
>> <i>
>> <b>
>> <strike>
>> <u>
>> <box>
>> <threedbox>
>> <expanded>
>> <condensed>
>> <a>
>> <image src>
>
> Well, at a minimum, ordered and unordered list tags and some list attributes are now supported.

In addition several tags are interpreted, if not directly supported:

<strong> --> <b>
<hN> --> <p><font size=X>

The <pre> tag is supported insofar as internal line breaks are observed when htmltext is rendered.

There may be others. I've done a lot of experimenting with html formatted text, which I use to set the htmltext of a field, and then I observe what "works". Then you can reverse the process and 'put the htmlText' of the field and see how it is stored in the field.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Learn to code with LiveCode University