Unicode in variables

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Aug 19 15:03:24 EDT 2013

I need to read and process a tab-delimited text file that is in UTF8
format containing unicode. The final goal is to get it into an array
with the first tabbed item as the keys, preserving all unicode. There
are some HTML format tags in it as well.

If I read the file as binfile, carriage returns are all lost.

Reading it as "file:" and trying to simply convert the entire text block
has failed (and crashed) more ways than I can record here.

How do I get hundreds of lines of unicode text into an array?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com