LC server experience return anyone ?

jbv at souslelogo.com jbv at souslelogo.com
Mon Aug 19 06:27:33 EDT 2013

Hi list,

I'd need some experience return on the use of LC server.
As mentioned in some of my previous posts, due to the numerous problems we
met with on-rev servers and random bugs appearing after the migration of
one of our accounts from thor to pancake,
we are about to gather all our on-rev accounts into one single account on
a dedicated server.
On-rev said they would care about the migration themselves but I'm still
very anvious about the possibility that something goes wrong again in the
process. Furthermore they said the data center hosting the server would be
their choice not ours...

So I am also exploring other possibilities, like installing LC server on a
dedicated server with a data center of our choice with high quality
support.
Several years ago (before on-rev was available) I had a similar setup
using a metacard engine. Things were fine, although we experienced a
couple of problems :
- communication between the engine and mySQL was quite slow, especially
with large amounts of data, and I found out that I'd better ask mySQL to
write the results of a SELECT command as a file and then read the file in
a mc script
- at times the engine would choke mainly because of memory overhead on
heavy tasks.

I guess several people on this list are using LC server on their own
servers, so I'd welcome any useful advice on the best path to follow...

Thanks in advance.
jbv