IDE versus MSG Box - Field Tabstops

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 13:28:35 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com>wrote:

> If that weren't the case it would mean that Mark Waddingham wasted his
> time adding the tabWidth property, and I don't think I've ever seen Mark
> willfully waste his time.

Before you worry too much about how Mark spends his time ;-)

I wrote this behavior in about five minutes, so I can't image it took him
any longer than that, even working in C.

setProp xTabWidths X
   -- sets the tabStops of the target based on a set of tabWidths
   repeat for each item i in X
      add i to T
      put T & comma after S
   end repeat
   set the tabStops of me to char 1 to -2 of S
end xTabWidths

getProp xTabWidths
   -- returns the tabWidths of the target
   put 0 into LT
   repeat for each item i in the tabStops of me
      put (i - LT) & comma after W
      put i into LT
   end repeat
   return char 1 to -2 of W