git integration, but not of LC projects

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 15:44:05 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> <g> Pivotal's got a new UI in beta, and it's got some nice group
> management features. Some of which will probably only be rolled out in
> an Enterprise version, though.

Interesting. I'm talking with a developer friend of mine who uses pivotal,
I'll have to ask him about it. This came about because I was talking with
someone who was considering building their own system, and I pish-poshed
that and said, "there are at least several dozen systems available, the
probability that you'll think of something unique and amazing is
approximately zero." And of course, later that night I realized that I had
an interface in mind that is (for the environments I've worked in) freakin'
awesome, and (oddly enough) nothing like anything that I've seen. Further,
in talking through it with my developer friend, he's really excited about
the low-level aspects we've discussed.

I haven't used Pivotal, but I've followed them pretty much since they first
announced they were going to share with the world. I've used HEAT, Jira,
FogBugz, Bugzilla, Liquid Planner, Smartsheet, spreadsheets, OmniPlanner,
MS Project, several custom systems (three of which I built) and I'm
familiar with several dozen others. There is nothing like what I'm planning
-- not even close.