AW: Corrupted Stack

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Aug 13 03:07:19 EDT 2013

In the last years I had several issues, where LC forced quit in different
situations and my first thought also was that my stacks were corrupted. In
all cases my stacks were fine, but LC crashed with Unicode issues with
German entities. E.G. the last one was that LC crashed every time I opened a
stack on a Mac, which was edited on Windows before. At last it showed up
that LCs Unicode handling crashed with German Umlaute in a stack title on
Mac from version 5.5 to 6.0.
What I wanted to say is that a stack corruption is very unlikely, but the
field content (in combination with an engine bug) is more likely. Did you
try to test with different (fresh) fields in the same stack and different
content? Or testing with two fresh stacks, but the same field and content
copied from the other stack? Always the same happening?
Just my two cents
Tiemo

Auftrag