Handling of final delimter (was Re: "this me"?)

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Aug 11 18:46:39 EDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> Lines are easier to grok:
>
> This is line 1 <cr> -- cr is part of line 1
> This is line 2 <cr> -- cr is part of line 2
> This is line 3 <cr> -- cr is part of line 3

Yeah but if you put that text into a scrolling field then put the number
lines of the field, you get 3 (which is correct according to your analogy),
but I can click on line 4 of the field.

You can argue one way or the other if it's consistent or not (and many
people have), but it's definitely confusing to LC newcomers.

I'm in favor of the change being suggested on the forum as long as there's
a property to control which way it works; that way no code breaks and folks
who think the existing way is inconsistent/confusing can choose to use the
new way.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>