Handling of final delimter (was Re: "this me"?)

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 17:30:54 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 3:34 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> When you think of it that way, it all falls into place.
>
> Not really. In the Message Box:

put "1,1,3,2,1,4" into tStore
put tStore into msg
put empty into item -1 of tStore
put cr & tStore after msg
put cr  & item -1 of tStore after msg
put 7 into item -1 of tStore
put cr & tStore after msg

This is a rather big gotcha! You asked LC to create an empty item and then
put a number into your place holder. LC deleted an item instead, which then
mangled your data.

If LC acted consistently then I'd agree that just learning that a delimiter
followed by empty is not an item, but if that is the case then whenever you
ask LC to create an empty item then LC should ensure there is a delimiter
after it.

It's just a PITA to keep checking