Livecode Developer Certifications

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 21:11:50 EDT 2013

Hi Mike,

Mike Kerner wrote
> [snip]
> Certs, degrees, blah, blah, blah predict absolutely zero.
> When resumes come our way for folks with a bunch of certs
> I tend to be suspicious that I'm being had.
> [snip]

Yes, it's true. I have seen this myself...

But, tell me if I am understanding you in the wrong way:

Every employer who want to learn, in practice,
if LiveCode could be really valuable for their business or project
then..
(she or he) has to be already an expert in this platform to
know how-to contract developers who could help to
integrate LiveCode in their business or project.

How a project manager or business owner could hire
new personal to use Livecode if her/himself is not
an expert in this platform?

Now, imagine that these business or projects require
expertise in Sockets, Databases, Externals or Multimedia.
A Certification could help them to make better
decisions when they decide to travel this path.

Hopefully, I was able to write about all this, in a way that
everybody could understand. :)

Alejandro