"this me"?

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Thu Aug 8 13:42:34 EDT 2013

Unlike Director's Lingo behaviors, LiveCode behaviors are more than just scripts. They are housed within an object. That object has properties; it may have custom properties.
With chained behaviors you might want to know the currently executing 'link' in a chain (the 'this me'), so that you can get and set its custom property.

Because one behavior could be part of many different chains, its properties become shared amongst those chains - kind of semi-global.
That might be very useful and one reason why we need 'this me' or whatever it ends up being called.

Jim Lambert