Getting the Public IP address

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Aug 8 11:02:33 EDT 2013

I created a php file with the following code and put it on my server.

<?php if ($_SERVER["HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"] != "") {
	$IP = $_SERVER["HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"];
	$proxy = $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];
	$host = @gethostbyaddr($_SERVER["HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR"]);
	} else {
	$IP = $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];
	$host = @gethostbyaddr($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]);
        }
      echo $IP;
?>

In my livecode app i am calling that php file with

get URL "http://myserver.com/my php-file.php"

to get the ip then.

Regards,

Matthias