"this me"?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Aug 7 21:28:38 EDT 2013

this is obviously a tough one because we have an extra level of abstraction
to deal with, which also means, IMHO, that we are going to have more typing
to do if we want the words to mean anything.

Trying to use at least some of the vocabulary from the release notes, where
"B" contains the script and "A" is using "B"'s script,

I'm not sure why "me" in "B" SHOULD output "A".  If I was reading that code
(with "me" instead of "this me"), I would say it would/should always say
"B", not "A", and that we have the whole meaning of "me" messed up.  I
understand why things are the other way, but IMHO, "me" should be the
object that contains the script, and something like "callingObject" or
"object calling this script" should output "A".

HOWEVER, if I'm stuck with this behavior as described (UGH), then

"the owner of this script"
"the object this script belongs to"
"the object containing this script"
"the scriptContainer"
"the scriptObject"

are WAY better than "this me".  Trevor, I think :-P would have been better
than :-) when you suggested that.

Can we PLEASE have ME be the object that contains the script?  If you're in
the script editor, and you see "ME", are you REALLY going to think "that's
the object that's executing this script, but it might not be THIS object?
Of course not.

Also, so that I understand (because the explanation in the release notes
was a little less than ideal), what happens if, say, "C" does a "send
mouseup" to "A"?
a) what will "ME" do (should send me "B")?
b) what will "THIS ME #justkillmenow" do?