With Apple script no longer supported, how do I....

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 7 11:26:46 EDT 2013

> Message: 22
> Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 00:20:59 -0500
> From: Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at gmail.com>
> To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: With Apple script no longer supported, how do I....
>
> Would it work to export from within FileMaker, and then import that file
> into LC? That would mean writing a (very simple) script in FileMaker, or
> just manually exporting using the specified layout as a template, and then
> writing a simple importer in LC.

Yes Geoff, that is what I did for some time before I became away of the Apple Script solution.

You, of all people, understand the value of the nice, neat solution.

It was so easy to put the relevant data into a FM layout, move over to LC, and then just click a button and the data appeared just where I wanted it, and formatted for maximum massaging in LC. No file create and export.  No resulting file I need to remember to trash. Sooo nice and neat. I will miss it.

Here is my dream, my dream DB management application: FM but with LC as the scripting language. Seems to me like a killer application.  FM, in attempting to make it easy (?) for the novice, made it traumatic for experienced programers.

Jim