Prepare image usage

Gerry Orkin gerry.orkin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 05:18:43 EDT 2013

> So i can use: get URL tFile and then save to a folder inside the ipad app.

Yep. I'd probably .zip a folder with the initial thumbnails that gets downloaded and expanded the first time your app runs. Expand them into a thumbnails folder that you create inside the Documents folder on the device. A few people have worked out how to do the download and unzipping already e.g. see http://ftp.runrev.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14106&p=69291.

Once you have them on the device it's a simple matter to just assign them as image files to the images in your scroller.

For subsequent downloads of new thumbnails just repeat the process, adding the new images to the same folder. You can track the .zip archives already downloaded in a preferences file on the device that you compare to a similar file on the server (there are other ways of doing that too).

Make sense?

Cheers

Gerry