A few words about Programming LiveCode...

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Aug 3 07:31:23 EDT 2013

Hi,

Now that the second print run of my book is being shipped, I'd like to
write a few words. This week, we have sent almost 20 books all over the
world. If you confirmed your address in reply to our request, you will
receive it soon.

I would like to ask everyone, again, to make sure that you provide us
with a correct e-mail address when you order the book. Three people
ordered the book with false contact information and it took a tremendous
effort to find out who those people are and where they live. Please,
make sure PayPal, your credit card company and your bank have your
correct e-mail (if applicable), name and address and make sure to check
this before, and not after, placing your order.

When you receive the book, please fill out the questionnaire at
http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com/survey/ . Your feedback is
very important, because we use it to improve the book and our services.
The questionnaire contains questions that we really need you to answer,
even if you decide not to buy it. Another place for feedback is our Q&A
website at http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com/qa/ . Here you can
post your questions and comments and discuss the book with other readers.

One issue that has become apparent from the survey is the price
perception. There is little we can do about the price, because it just
happens to be the total cost of printing and packaging the book, plus
all taxes and postage and a minimal margin. However, we have made it
easier to get a discount. From now on, we will apply a discount to any
order of 10 books or more. The discount is at least 5 euro per book.
User groups, book shops and schools always get a discount, if they order
more than 1 book (note that all books must be sent to one single
address). Contact us for a quote.

I will say more about the survey in another e-mail. I suppose there are
people on this mailing list who would like to read some answers. For
now, additional general info about the book can be found at
http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com/ .

N.B. You may get a free copy by liking Programming LiveCode... on
Facebook.  The URL is https://www.facebook.com/LiveCode.Beginner and as
soon as we have 1000 'likes' we'll raffle off 10 copies.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com