Scrolling on Mac OS X : groups vs fields

Mac Bennett mac at mauraoconnell.com
Fri Aug 2 12:32:00 EDT 2013

This works for me, though you might need to adjust 'tStepsize':

--in group script

on  rawKeyDown pKey
  if the short name of me is not in the long name of target  then
      pass rawkeydown
   else
   put 45 into tStepSize -- adjust here the stepsize for scrolling
   switch pKey
      case "65309" -- scroll up
         set the vscroll of me to the vscroll of me - tStepSize
         break
      case "65308" -- scroll down
         set the vscroll of me to the vscroll of me + tStepSize
         break
   end switch
end if
pass rawkeydown
end rawKeyDown

(In light of the recent copyright discussion going on here, I would like to disclose that I 'borrowed' this entirely a few years ago, and can't remember where;  so apologies and thanks to the actual author.)

There are also a few similar examples in the "rawkeydown/up" entries in the Livecode Dictionary.

Mac