Scrolling on Mac OS X : groups vs fields

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Aug 2 11:53:48 EDT 2013

Alex
On Aug 2, 2013, at 2:43 AM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> On OSX (10.8.4, MBP - but I doubt that matters), I can scroll using a two-finger touch (i.e. if the cursor is within an area that is scrollable, then generally I can touch with two fingers, and 'push up' or 'pull down' the window contents.
>
> This includes LC fields - this scrolling "just works" for them.
>
> If I create a group, set and lock its position and give it a scrollbar, then it gets the scrollbar, and all the traditional behaviour associated with that (i.e. the scrollbar can be dragged, etc.)
>
> But it doesn't automatically get the two-finger touch behaviour.
>
> Is there some way I can enable that ? Do I need to program this myself ?
>
> It looks as though the "touchStart, touchEnd, etc. are implemented on mobile only, so I'm not sure where to start.

I believe you have to handle scroll wheel actions using rawKeyDown or rawKeyUp (I forget which, and I'm not in a place I can check right now.) Just figure out which codes get sent when the scroll wheel is used and set the scroll of the group in your handler.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities