Scrolling on Mac OS X : groups vs fields

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Aug 2 04:43:51 EDT 2013

On OSX (10.8.4, MBP - but I doubt that matters), I can scroll using a
two-finger touch (i.e. if the cursor is within an area that is
scrollable, then generally I can touch with two fingers, and 'push up'
or 'pull down' the window contents.

This includes LC fields - this scrolling "just works" for them.

If I create a group, set and lock its position and give it a scrollbar,
then it gets the scrollbar, and all the traditional behaviour associated
with that (i.e. the scrollbar can be dragged, etc.)

But it doesn't automatically get the two-finger touch behaviour.

Is there some way I can enable that ? Do I need to program this myself ?

It looks as though the "touchStart, touchEnd, etc. are implemented on
mobile only, so I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks
-- Alex.