[semi-OT] Anyone have experience with flow-based programming?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 00:06:38 EDT 2013

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/noflo/noflo-development-environment

$100K kickstarter, with stretch goals for other languages up to $1 million.

I'm puzzled because as far as I can see, it's a graphical representation of
functions, specifically with a visual representation of input and output
connectors, and often visual controls for adjusting inputs to the function
(color pickers, sliders, etc.), and lines connecting the functions' outputs
to inputs, in order to make something happen. Admittedly pretty cool
examples are here <http://meemoo.org/iframework/#gist/3124854>, and
here<http://meemoo.org/iframework/#gist/4140253>,
but still, this feels like something a group of us could rough up in LC in
a caffeine-fueled weekend. Or am I under-thinking this?