Persistent LC server?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Aug 1 16:44:47 EDT 2013

On 02/08/2013, at 6:26 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> My goal is to have my program return values from an array.  This would mean, of course, that the program instance never quits.

Hi Richard

I had a look at the engine code for you and I don't think you will get this to work without some modifications to the source. If you look at the server implementation of X_main_loop you will see that unlike all the other engines that repeatedly do stuff while the MCQuit flag is false the server engine just does it's stuff so it will naturally quit at the end. Is there a reason you couldn't use the -u flag on a regular standalone? My biggest question though is what event is triggered on the persistent server when you request some part of your array? LC Server scripts are basically just one big startup handler without the handler declaration.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!