revOnline and Open Source

Heather Laine heather at runrev.com
Thu Aug 1 16:40:35 EDT 2013

Call me naive but.. if you don't want to share your code, why on earth would you upload it to revOnline? Its kinda like painting a picture, hanging it on the wall, and then telling folks, hey, thats my picture, don't look at it!

I've nothing against people protecting their code if they want to. It's theirs. But if they upload it, openly, to a shared site… what do they expect people to do with it?

I'm open to being educated. Maybe there is some reason someone would do this. I just … don't get it. Certainly, that was the original rationale behind providing the revOnline site. To allow users to share their code and their expertise with others, if they chose to do so. This community has always been amazingly sharing  and helpful to each other.

This is my personal opinion. I am not a lawyer. It does not represent any official position at RunRev.

Regards,

Heather