Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner is available again!

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 1 15:05:49 EDT 2013

Its a great book.  I've one or two comments about topics and treatment which
are probably best sent direct.  The thing it might be interesting to know
how others feel about is physical.  Is it possible to go to a stitched and
not just a glued binding.  I keep wanting to pin it open or spread it out
flat, but am aware that this will just break the spine.  Maybe its too
expensive to go for stitched bindings?

We have a series of cookbooks with stitched bindings for this very purpose,
so you can leave them open at a page on the kitchen table, and it really
helps.

Its a great book in any case.  One or two treatments that for the target
audience could be made a little more accessible, but that's in the margin.
A real contribution.  If you have any bright technically interested young
teenage relatives in need of intellectual stimulation, a copy of the OSS
version and this would be a fine present.  Who knows where it might lead.

Old retired relatives in need of intellectual stimulation too!

Peter