revOpenDatabase acting differently in IDE and standalone

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 22:40:49 EDT 2013

I have lost about 20 hours to this now.

My whole application runs and functions just fine in the IDE.  The
standalone, however, is having problems.

It seems that both sometimes globals aren't properly global, even when
declared in a substack, and tthat revOpenDatabase acts differently.

I have a command ck that takes a string and outputs it.  Currently, it puts
it in a log window and also in an answer to get as close as I can to
single-stepping the standalone

 ck "postgresql , "  & dhbkSrvr &  ", dhbk_dbtrs, " & dhbkDbUsr & ", "
&dhbkDbPw
            put revOpenDatabase("postgresql",dhbkSrvr,
"dhbk_dbtrs",dhbkDbUsr,dhbkDbPw) into dhbkSrvrDb
            ck "got " & dhbkSrvrDb

In the IDE, I generally get "got 11" as the response (other sqlite dbs have
been opened).

In the standalone, I get
postgresql, sharpshin.local, dhbk_dbtrs, ,
got revdber,invalid database type

(the first line is the same as I get in the IDE).

I've reverted to 5.5.4, as 6.0 was giving other strange results.
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462