Anyone got an HTML editor in LiveCode

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Sun Apr 28 19:08:56 EDT 2013

Hi Mark,

This HTML editor (written in LC) is for Windows:

http://www.howsoft.com/windows.htm
http://www.howsoft.com/webed2/
http://www.howsoft.com/downloads/

I have 2 similar editors (webEd2 and webEd3 written in LC) for Linux,
but they are not up at my site.
Let me know if you are interested.

However, there is a truly cross-platform (but unpublished) version at my
site, written in JQuery:

www.howsoft.com/browserapps/webed4/

The editor itself requires Google Chrome/Chromium, but the pages it
produces work on the major browsers.
Like LC programs, webEd4-produced web pages are "standalones" (i.e.
images are embedded in base64).
But they can also make use of up to 96 Google fonts. See here for the
fonts available:

http://www.howsoft.com/browserapps/webed4/help/web_fonts_demo.htm

You will note that the above page with all 96 fonts takes only a few
seconds to load. Of course, in practice, you would create pages that
only make use of 2 or 3 at most!

Regards,

Bob Warren