on-rev file upload and upload path?

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Fri Apr 26 15:00:12 EDT 2013

Hi All…

I'm looking to upload a simple text file to a specific directory on the on-rev server. I've looked at the tutorial here http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/4070/l/40708-how-to-upload-a-file-with-livecode-server and noticed in the comments that the file gets uploaded to tmp. However, when I look there I don't see the file…?  But it reports a successful upload.

Is there a way to script that file upload to save to a specific directory within the on-rev server, instead of tmp?

Or, is it more recommended to have the lc engine write the file on the on-rev server just using post data, instead of uploading a file.

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD