[COMPLETELY OT] More On Earth-Like Planets

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Apr 25 13:34:36 EDT 2013

Sure, open source LiveCode is pretty interesting, but hey, it's possible
alien lifeŠ

[ from a local tech talk event here in the SF Bay Area featuring Jill Tarter
]

"Please join me Monday night at TechXploration to learn about our specific
searches for technological civilizations that might occupy one or more of
the recently discovered exoplanets in our galactic neighborhood. The Center
for SETI Research collects 3 petabytes of raw data coming from the Allen
Telescope Array each day and sifts through the 9-dimensional 'Cosmic
Haystack' to find some 'needle' of a signal. I would like to share with you
our current challenges with this "big data" and specifically, I plan to
tease you with a technical challenge to help us communicate our progress
better. Hope to see you Monday night..."

http://www.meetup.com/TechXploration/events/112306342/

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director