Introduction, and invitation to the LibrePlanet LiveCode users group

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 24 18:04:57 EDT 2013

Fabian Rodriguez wrote:
> In my work as a free open source software consultant I make it a
> requirement to be able to freely share the documentation I write for
> my customers (ie. under a free license). The LibrePlanet wiki allows
> that and makes any contribution assigned as a copyright to the FSF.
>
> The current infrastructure didn't allow that and this should not
> depend only on RunRev. It seemed natural to start another resource
> within the FSF infrastructure. In time I hope to contribute to
> official documentation - of course RunRev or anybody else can do that
> too from notes on the new wiki if they wish so, keeping in mind the
> content licence.
>
> This also means when people hire me or someone else (including
> RunRev), our work should be more efficient, not being blocked, and
> learning from other people's work (and mistakes).
>
>> For example it says "an email list is being set up", but there's 3
>> LC related mailing lists already?
>
> I am only aware of one LiveCode mailing list:
>
> What would be the others?
>
> The main purpose of the mailing list would be coordination of advocacy
> and communications with other local user groups and RunRev. I'd hate
> to be posting here about such matters too often, I don't think this
> list is for that. It may or may not take off, we'll see.
>
> For now my professional focus is publishing documentation and
> self-help (including real-time via IRC), other goals will develop in
> time, hopefuly while collaborating with RunRev.

Thanks for putting those together.   Yes, there are other resources, but
personally I see no harm in having one more, and I don't recall there
being a well-maintained wiki.  With your stewardship this new wiki may
have a good chance at being a useful resource for the community.

I read your note about the IRC channel on G+, and added it to my Android
IRC client.  I don't use IRC much myself, but I know it's a serious work
tool for many FOSS devs, and I appreciate your taking the time to
establish a place for that on freenode (where most of the Ubuntu works
takes place too, so IMO it's a good choice <g>).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World