LiveCode 6.0.1 test release available

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 13:51:22 EDT 2013

On 04/23/2013 02:54 PM, Heather Laine wrote:
> Dear List Members,
>
> We're pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.0.1 RC 1. Please note that this is a test release, not a final version, and as such it may be unstable, have bugs, or generally exhibit unexpected behaviour. Before using it, you should back up your work. We are making it available so that we can gather as many reports as possible on as wide a set of systems as we can, before going to the final gm release. Bug reports should be submitted via the Quality Center:
>
> http://quality.runrev.com
>
> This maintenance release is an update to the previous stable release and contains 18 fixes and updates. The most notable include:
>
> - iOS device builds now possible in the community edition.
> - revBrowser, revSpeech and revVideo grabber externals now available in the community edition.
> - The community licence agreement has been updated.
>
> For full details see the release notes:
> Release Notes: http://www.runrev.com/downloads/livecode/6_0_1/LiveCodeNotes-6_0_1_rc_1.pdf
> Release Notes iOS: http://www.runrev.com/downloads/livecode/6_0_1/LiveCodeNotes-6_0_1_rc_1-iOS.pdf
> Release Notes Android: http://www.runrev.com/downloads/livecode/6_0_1/LiveCodeNotes-6_0_1_rc_1-Android.pdf
>
> Download links:
>
> Mac: http://www.runrev.com/downloads/livecode/6_0_1/LiveCodeCommunityInstaller-6_0_1_rc_1-Mac.dmg
> Windows: http://www.runrev.com/downloads/livecode/6_0_1/LiveCodeCommunityInstaller-6_0_1_rc_1-Windows.exe
> Linux: http://www.runrev.com/downloads/livecode/6_0_1/LiveCodeCommunityInstaller-6_0_1_rc_1-Linux.x86
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> The LiveCode team.
> Heather Laine
> Customer Services Manager
> http://www.runrev.com/

Whacko; just installed the thing on Linux, Mac and Win, and hope to have
a bit of time this weekend to
see if I can "break" the thing.

It would be very nice if the icons on Docks (and I have docks on all
three major OS installations)
could be badged as, at one time, at least, the commercial variant was,
with the build number.

Richmond.