Missing icons (OT?)

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 14:46:20 EDT 2013

On 04/22/2013 09:35 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 4/22/13 12:40 PM, dunbarx at aol.com wrote:
>>

>> All of a sudden, in the finder, all the ".rev" and ".livecode" icons
>> have gone invisible. No others,  just those.
>
> Too weird. Just today my client wrote and said that this morning all
> her LiveCode stack icons had turned into Director icons. Wha...?

When I downloaded Adobe Photoshop CS2 (Free) for Windows and installed
it into WINE on Linux
all my LC 4.5 documents that had previously displayed generic document
icons now went
"all purple' and identified themselves as Photoshop files; since
installing LC OSS 6.0 they now display
Microsoft Help Attribution Definition File icons (and that is a fairly
jaw-breaking name in and of itself).

But that is Linux, and I digress. Definitely, as far as Linux goes LC
mucks up when it comes to icons, but that honestly doesn't fuss me unduly.

Over on the Mac-side (VMware 10.6) I had all my LC files sporting the
squashed caterpillar
green icons of LC OSS 6.0 until I cracked the thing open and replaced
them with the much nicer red icons from LC/RR 4.0.

Richmond.