[OT] Cross-platform tools shootout

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Apr 22 12:42:52 EDT 2013

Mark Wilcox <m_p_wilcox at ...> writes:

> LiveCode came out third overall in case anyone is interested in seeing the
numbers:
> http://build.developereconomics.com/cross-platform-tools-shootout/

Thanks. Yes, I do take these things with a grain of salt
(<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grain_of_salt>)... it's interesting that all
the tools seem to group together pretty well in terms of user satisfaction
in all areas, so my take-away there is that developers are generally happy
with what they know and use. No real surprises there.

I find the first graph pretty useless, though. While it's marginally useful
to know that the total is the sum of its parts, it's almost impossible to do
comparisons of any of the parts except the bottom one because of the
staggered sections.

...and I'm surprised that Adobe AIR gets such high ratings. Having been
stuck using it for the last couple of years, I have developed a lot of
sympathy for Colin.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net