Shifting the Controls out of the Card

Ender Nafi Elekçioğlu endernafi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 08:43:40 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I create a number of buttons on-the-fly.
Their locs are being set out of the card:
_set the loc of tButton to (-240 & randomInRange(40,108))
Yet, it doesn't work and the left of all buttons are set to 0 {the left of card}.

I wrote another handler to position the buttons and call it after creating the buttons,
it doesn't work either:
_on hideTheShapes
__repeat with x=1 to sButtonCount
___set the loc of button x of me to (-240 & randomInRange(40,108))
__end repeat
_end hideTheShapes

However, if I add an *answer* dialog in between then it magically works:
_on hideTheShapes
__answer "wait!"
__repeat with x=1 to sButtonCount
___set the loc of button x of me to (-240 & randomInRange(40,108))
__end repeat
_end hideTheShapes

I replaced the *answer* dialog with *wait x milliseconds* command, but it didn't work.

What's going on here and how can I solve this issue?

Any help much appreciated, thank you…

Best,

~ Ender Nafi

~… together, we're smarter …~