Feature request: semaphores for externals

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 21 20:23:59 EDT 2013

> From: m_p_wilcox at yahoo.co.uk
>
> Paul - sorry, didn't mean to jump all over your suggestion.
> It was something I was already thinking about and I was just
> trying to say it's so important an area that we really need
> to do more than the minimum possible to enable async
> discussing something that already exists (for externals at
> least). My casual skim trough of the new API suggests you can
> post arbitrary messages back to LiveCode objects from any
> thread you like.
> Nice!

https://github.com/runrev/livecode/blob/release-6.0.1/lcidlc/src/LiveCode.h

What is all that stuff? When I looked at the current docs (on the web, not
in the git repo), the only info I saw about externals looked essentially
identical to the old externals stuff from Revolution. Is there a whole other
externals interface that I don't know about? If so, is it completely
undocumented?

And by the way, was all the code run through some utility that strips all
comments except the boilerplate copyright stuff at the beginning? Or do
people actually write code this way? I wouldn't be able to understand my own
code after a month if it wasn't carefully commented.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com