finding shadowed globals when strict compilation is on

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 21:47:00 EDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:
> Hmmm-
>
> Saturday, April 20, 2013, 6:25:38 PM, you wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:
>>> Maybe try the "other FInd dialog (on the Edit menu).
>
>> Wow.   OK, so that one could find it.  And the 1 instance was in a comment . . .
>
> That doesn't sound right. A comment shouldn't... OK it *shouldn't*
> create a global variable. Out of curiosity, what's the name of the
> variable? Are you using a predefined keyword somehow?

I think I was fuzzy.   It *did* find the name in the comment, but that
wasn't what was causing the shadow.  The stupid thing was shadowing
itself, after the debugger ran multiple times.

the name was a plain old boring "dcmd" for loading a database query . . .
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462