How about a, "stop script and DAMNIT TO HELL I MEAN IT, you @*)%*&"

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Apr 20 21:12:15 EDT 2013

Dr.-

Saturday, April 20, 2013, 4:48:38 PM, you wrote:

> Another constantly biting one:  when stepping through a script, and
> aborting, livecode still feels free to execute.

That always bugged me, too. For some reason, that code is in the IDE's
debugger. In PowerDebug I couldn't come up with a reason to leave it
in, so it just aborts when you tell it to. I'm sure there's a Scott
Raneyish reason for doing that, but it eludes me.

> Is there something like the -9 option to kill that will kill it dead
> (and when did the manpage for kill get politically corrected to remove
> the "with extreme prejudice" ?)

The manpage changed? :-O

>From the message box you might try "set the tracestack to empty" and
see if that does the trick.