Mobile Cross Platform was==>Android openCard not firing

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Apr 18 13:19:26 EDT 2013

Tom,

I use the same code base and stack/card for Android and iOS. I live with
this funny and also a couple of (if the platform =)s rather than having 2
stacks/cards. Here's my list:

1) mergeMK for iOS. Apple rejected me for using a browser for maps. I use
the browser for Android.
2) In App purchasing minor diffs.
3) Calculating native input field font size.
4) Hide "Exit" button on iOS. Again an Apple approver complaint. I replace
the "Exit" button with an "Menu" button so iOS user can get to the options
like an Android user can via the HW menu button.
5) mobileSetAllowedOrientations difference for Android 2.2
6) For IOS I call iphoneSetDoNotBackupFile for any large files like SQLite
DBs.
7) In iOS the native single line input control does not recognize the
multiline property. One must use the "multiline" option when creating the
control.
8) When navigating a directory tree in iOS you must start at line 2 when
parsing the result of "put the files into tFileList". On Android start at
line 1.
9) When calculating the rect for a native input control.
10) When setting the vscroll of a native scroller. If you want to set it to
any place other than the top you must wait 1 second after the scroller is
created before setting it on iOS or it will not change. On android .5
seconds will suffice.
11) And like I said.... delete any iOS externals from the copy file pane
when linking up an apk.

I know this list look big but it's better that 2 stacks or cards and light
years shorter then writing the app in both Java AND Objective C.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net