Active Directory info

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Apr 18 07:40:00 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel <
skip at magicgate.com> wrote:

> Thanks Roger.  Question for you Trevor: the link you sent looks like it is
> exactly what I am trying to do.  I am a little confused by the comment: #
> Put the VBScript into a variable and then execute as follows:
>
> Am I not calling that VB script from a shell command?  Sorry for being so
> naive on this....

LiveCode can execute VBScript using do … as "vbscript". What I do is store
the VBScript in a custom property of an object. When it is time to run I do
this:

put the uVBScript of stack "my stack" into theScript
# replace user credentials and server info…

do theScript as "vbscript"
if the result begins with "error," then put item 2 to -1 of the result
into theError
else
 put the result into theADUserInfo ## last name, first name & cr &
group & tab & group ...

end if

Now the variable theADUserInfo has the information returned by the server
or theError contains the error message.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems