Reading directly from Excel

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Tue Apr 16 13:25:09 EDT 2013

I just wrote a program in VB6 the other day to read an Excel spreadsheet and
update a MySql database. It was easy until I needed to "get char 3 of word 5
of line 2 of var" and then I got a headache. I would also LOVE to use LC for
these type of things. I thought about exporting to a csv and using LC but it
was too messy. I also remember that Curry Kenworth was working on a
solution. I wonder what the status of that project is?

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net