Trapping for Hide Keyboard on iOS?

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Sun Apr 14 18:13:40 EDT 2013

Hi All…

Looking for some easy strategies for adding text to fields on an iOS app. The standard iOS keyboard appears on the screen at the same place each time. I was hoping to show a hidden field at the remaining screen real-estate above the keyboard. I was thinking of using the focus within a ui text field on screen to trigger the showing of the hidden field.

To dismiss the field, I was hoping there was some way of trapping the user hiding the keyboard via the keyboard's hide keyboard key and then taking the text created in it and putting it into the original targeted field that generated the original focus command.

Is this possible, or is there a reasonably accepted practice for entering text into fields in a LiveCode iOS app?

Thank you!