Naive Question #108: Passwording stacks.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 16:32:13 EDT 2013

On 04/13/2013 10:32 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 4/13/13 2:06 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>
>> Setting and using protected stacks is a feature of the commercial
>> version of LC and is explicitly not supported in the OSS version.
>>
>> By design.
>>
>> That's how it's supposed to work.
>>
>> You can NOT use passwords to protect stacks in the OSS version.
>>
>> If it's still not clear let me know and I'll use shorter words.
>>

> LOL. "Password no work."
>
> I don't get all the outrage.

"outrage": not from me; but I asked a question as to how to password
protect a stack rather than
a standalone, and because I ddi not specifically mention that that was
ONLY relevant to the commercial version all sorts of people start
getting hot under the collar.

> The security module omission was noted in the Kickstarter description
> and is footnoted in the RR web page that explains the differences
> between the commercial and OSS versions (and it's the only
> difference.) The logic behind the omission makes sense to anyone who
> does commercial work and needs to protect their IP.
>
> Richmond, I was poking fun at you because you wanted to password
> protect your work while using an OSS app that would have exposed your
> password to everyone if it had included the code for it.

You misread me on that one; I'm not quite that daft.

Richmond.