Naive Question #108: Passwording stacks.

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Apr 13 15:32:14 EDT 2013

On 4/13/13 2:06 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Setting and using protected stacks is a feature of the commercial
> version of LC and is explicitly not supported in the OSS version.
>
> By design.
>
> That's how it's supposed to work.
>
> You can NOT use passwords to protect stacks in the OSS version.
>
> If it's still not clear let me know and I'll use shorter words.

LOL. "Password no work."

I don't get all the outrage. The security module omission was noted in
the Kickstarter description and is footnoted in the RR web page that
explains the differences between the commercial and OSS versions (and
it's the only difference.) The logic behind the omission makes sense to
anyone who does commercial work and needs to protect their IP.

Richmond, I was poking fun at you because you wanted to password protect
your work while using an OSS app that would have exposed your password
to everyone if it had included the code for it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com