Non_Open Source materials being embedded in OS stacks/standalones.

Marian Petrides, M.D. mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 13 14:39:05 EDT 2013

Good point.

And furthermore, even if an image is not watermarked, it may still be copyrighted. I'm no lawyer, but it is my understanding that in the US there is an implied copyright applied to anything that is not explicitly put into the public domain--which is why I created the music background for my software using tracks from GarageBand that were clearly declared as open use. While it might be harder to enforce copyright on an image that is not watermarked, it hardly seems safe to assume that lack of watermark implies not copyrighted.