Non_Open Source materials being embedded in OS stacks/standalones.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 13:46:02 EDT 2013

On 04/13/2013 08:39 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> https://picasaweb.google.com/**lh/photo/**g9YCDCoXTux3elqSvUr3TdMTjNZETY**
>> myPJy0liipFm0<https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/g9YCDCoXTux3elqSvUr3TdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0>
>
> you might be not considering that truly copyrighted images are watermarked.
> File names are useless for tracing origins. I assume all images that aren't
> mine are watermarked and can be traced eventually.

And the corollary of your statement "truly copyrighted images are
watermarked" is that ALL images
that are NOT watermarked are Free for using, abusing and generally
having a jolly time with.

I wonder about that.

There was a case quite recently where a man was pretending to be an
Afghani woman blogger
and had appropriated somebody else's (a woman's, obviously) photo and
was using it; as far as I am
aware that image was not watermarked, notwithstanding there was a court
case and he ended up in the sh*t.

Oh, and while I'm here, how do you watermark sound files and movie clips?

Richmond.