setting up Linux for LiveCode and other dev questions

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Fri Apr 12 16:53:07 EDT 2013

Thanks. I'm not sure why I thought I was getting a 64 bit version. It automatically gave me the one I thought I wanted.

I found these instructions somewhere:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
That fixed things, LiveCode installed from the downloads folder just fine. I did do the register stage, given there was no choice, and it seemed to take ok.