setting up Linux for LiveCode and other dev questions

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 12 15:51:33 EDT 2013

Yes, I think that is what I did too.  Copy it someplace convenient, make it
executable, and then run it.

Colin, as far as contribution I'm a rank amateur in programming, have no
idea what to use to contribute in Linux.  Would quite like to know.

Don't know why your installer should not run. Does it maybe want you to be
root?  If so, open a terminal and do sudo nautilus, then navigate to the
installer and try double clicking it using nautilus as root file manager.

I have a vague recollection of having a similar difficulty, but I use
pcmanfm as the file manager and must have done something so it finally ran,
but it will probably be different from whatever it is in Ubuntu.

Then to run LC itself, it I have to navigate to /opt, find the executable,
and run it.  Or run it from a terminal.  Or hack my menu file around.  But
probably in Gnome it will put a launcher in for you.  Should hope so.

Ah the joys of minimalism.  Make your own launchers, or use a terminal.
Well, its OK for us dinosaurs who don't want to be spoon fed.

Peter

Roger Eller wrote