Is it just me, again?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 14:00:18 EDT 2013

On 04/12/2013 08:53 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Not sure I follow the reasoning behind that?

The reasoning behind having a

"Sorry, cannot open this as it is password protected, if it is that
mission-critical to you consider forking out for the commercial
version of Livecode.

notice, or Monte's point about NOT having a warning re plug-ins?

> Pete
> lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>
>

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM, Monte Goulding <
> monte at sweattechnologies.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/04/2013, at 3:40 PM, Richmond wrote:
>>
>>> MOD #1 to LC COM: modal warning that a stack cannot be opened because it
>> is password protected.
>>
>> Only if it's silenced on stuff like plugins please...

I don't understand that at all as it is just as important for an end-user
to know why s/he cannot use certain plugins as stacks.

If I try to use a plugin and nothing happens, and there is no warning
notice, I may end up wasting
hours fooling around with moving the plugins folder hither and yon in an
attempt to get the plugin of choice to work with LC OSS, all thanks to
the fact that somebody has blocked warnings re plugins.

Richmond.