Is it just me, again?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Apr 12 03:36:40 EDT 2013

On 12/04/2013, at 5:21 PM, Cal Horner wrote:

> So, does this mean I can no longer use "Plug-ins" that I have paid good
> money for in LC unless I shell out $500 for the commercial product? Or keep
> using LC 5.5.4..
>
> What does this do for the plug-in market? Seems like another example of
> shooting your own foot. How many creators will think about quitting LC
> because of a dumb restriction like this?
>
> When I build something - anything I look for and use all the aids I can. Now
> LC is trying to restrict me.
>
> Makes you even think about "bleh" Basic again.

Cal... RunRev haven't taken anything away from you in releasing an open source version. They have given you an alternative. I think you will find that alternative filled with plugin options over the next year or so and most of the ones you have paid for will be there. If you have paid why don't you contact the plugin author to ask them if they intend to provide a version compatible with the community version. It's really them you have any gripe with rather than RunRev for sharing it's IP. Better yet why not list them here and the authors can let everyone know.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services