Community version download

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 22:26:35 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com
> wrote:

> Yes there is so you might want to take screenshots of where it says the
> wrong thing and bug report them.
>
> Can you please explain this further, I'm now (again) confused.

I was under the impression that a Commercial version of LC is the Community
Edition of LC + the ability to password protect stacks. There is nothing in
Community that is not in Commercial.

Why would anyone with a Commercial license for LC want to work inside the
Community Edition. Yes I can appreciate you might want to give a daughter,
friend or colleague a copy of LC, so it will be the Community Edition, but
when it is you and your work, why would you bother with the Community
Edition?

Also, if I understand the registration authentication process, when you
start LC up, it phones home, checks your status, and in Skip's case I'd say
the response is correct, it states you are a Commercial license holder.
This does not prevent you from releasing OSS, just like the Community
Edition. You just have the choice.

I'm saying this from a Productive User's point of view, not from the aspect
of whether I can delve into the Engine source code and fork off my own
version of LC suitable to run of Mac OS 7.6.1 on Motorola 68030 chips. In
this case, register with GitHub, download the source files, crack open
Metrowerks CodeWarrior and have at it. But again, my understanding is, that
if you did this, and your work met with Runrev standards, such changes
would be Incorporated both into the Community and Commercial editions of LC.

Or am I again, wrong.