How to get rid of RevTools window and switch to Browse tool at launch

Emmett Gray film2 at handheldfilm.com
Thu Apr 11 00:21:38 EDT 2013

I had a script that worked in Rev Media 4 which closed the splash screen, switched to the browse tool and closed the revtools window when I launched my main daily-use stack from the Finder, with rev media not running already. It doesn't work in LiveCode 6.

After some struggle, this works, at the end of "on openStack":
answer "Initializing..." with "OK"
type "9" with commandKey
type "t" with commandKey

If I leave out the "answer" step, it doesn't work. It needs that pause while the splash screen disappears. If I try to tell it to wait, that doesn't work either, it just hangs with the splash screen visible. Then I have to type the commands to get the tool I want and the tools window to close

TIA for help.